7.29.2008

Is this a preview...

Meg usually LOVES swimming lessons. She always can't wait to see her teacher and classmates. Last night was no exception...until about half way thru the lessons. Meg is in the class with three other 4-year olds (all of the kids in her class were born in the summer of 04 - Meg is the youngest, and all of them are only children). So, about 10 minutes into the lessons, one of the little boys got up from his seat and ran over to kiss his mommy...well, you can guess what happened. That's right, the other three decided to follow his lead. I have a strict rule that if you get up from your spot that we leave...last night was no exception. So, as Meg was getting up from her seat to come give me a kiss, I told her that if she did, we were leaving. She stood there, arms crossed like an Indian chief, really weighing her options. She stood there for what seemed like ages, so I finally gave her the choice of sitting back down or leaving. She chose to come over to me and get dressed.

So, on our way home, I got to thinking - is this what FOUR is going to be like. All of a sudden, she's turned into a brat - screaming if she doesn't get her way, stomping her feet, etc. So, I ask...

IS THIS A PREVIEW OF WHAT FOUR IS GOING TO BE LIKE?!?
IN MY BEST FOUR YEAR OLD TEMPER TANTRUM VOICE!!!

post signature

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Uh-oh! I think it's sweet, though--she would rather give you a kiss and leave than stay and swim :) How can you resist that :)

Angelique said...

I think it's great when they are allowed to make their own choices. Avery has to make her own choices and I always make sure to clearly lay them out for her. We're all happier that way. Plus, she really wanted to give you a kiss. Very sweet. I don't always feel like giving choices (which is probably kinda bratty on my part) but that is when we have the tantrums.

Darla said...

Let me tell you they all have to act that way till the end of being 3. Then sometimes they can carry that act over in year 4 but it is a lot less often and they are so sweet well most of the time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails