6.03.2008

10 Ways the World Has Changed Since I've Been in School



  1. Computers. I was never issued a laptop instead of books.

  2. Cell phones. Anyone remember the Zach Morris phone???

  3. Maps. Now we have Google Maps, Yahoo Maps, Mapquest, etc. Does anyone even own a paper map any more? (which leads me to number 4...)

  4. Neverlost systems. In dash GPS systems - you can actually put an address in and it will give you directions while you drive. Absolutely amazing!

  5. TV. While I didn't have it as bad as my parents claim to have had it (I had more than 3 channels), the amount of people who are willing to go on reality TV shows amazes me.

  6. Late night phone conversations. A favorite past time of mine has now been replace by late night texting sessions or IM sessions.

  7. Pro Athletes. They were making a lot of money, but no where near the 3-year $25 million contracts that the athletes are making now.

  8. Movie tickets. I remember paying 5 bucks for an adult ticket to see a movie. Now, that is the going price of a child ticket.

  9. Coffee. If you had told me 15 years ago that I would pay 5 bucks for a cup of coffee, I would have called you crazy!

  10. Gas. When I was in school, it was well under $1.00 per gallon. Now, it's as expensive as a gallon of milk!

post signature

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails