5.26.2010

Go Rangers!

The same day as Meg’s field day, we had tickets to the Rangers game.  This was Meg’s second game.  Her first game, she wasn’t even one yet and slept through most of it.  Jarrad, Meg and I left for the game around 5:00. 

As we were walking into the park, I was letting them search my purse and I looked over to see Jarrad handing his knife over.  Apparently, you can’t have knives in the park, so Jarrad had three options; 1) throw it away, 2) put it in the lost & found box and hope it’s still there after the game or 3) take it back to the truck.  He chose option 3.

So, while Jarrad was taking his knife back to the truck, Meg and I went into the ball park.  We walked right into the kid play area and I knew I wasn’t going to be able to get around her playing.  I gave her five bucks and said that was all.  She did four games and loved every minute of it.  IMG_1436 IMG_1442 IMG_1451

It was Dollar Dog night, so we all had hot dogs for dinner.  We grabbed a table and had hot dogs, French fries and diet cokes.  It was a perfect ball park dinner.  IMG_1460 IMG_1461

After diner, we headed to our seats.  They were actually very good seats.  I have to mention that our seats were free because we got tickets in our six flags coupon book.  My only complaint is that they were in the sun, but since it was a night game, that wasn’t a problem for long. 

However, because of the sun, Meg convinced daddy that she needed a hat.  He’s such a softie, but I have to say that she looked adorable in her hat.

 

IMG_1487 IMG_1515 

It seems that we never have any pictures of Jarrad and me, so I had Meg snap this one.  It’s the best of the bunch.  One had Jarrad’s face cut off and the other one is out of focus.  It’s not the best picture I’ve ever seen of us, but it’s good enough :)

IMG_1517 

At first, Meg didn’t want to sit down.  She also kept cheering for the “Horsies”.  I was finally able to figure out what – the Ranger’s mascot is dressed in a horse costume with a Ranger’s uniform on.  After we got that straighten out, all was right in the cheering section. 

By the 7th inning, Meg had really gotten into the game.  She was screaming at the top of her lungs and starting cheers.  She and a guy that was sitting across the aisle from us were chanting back and forth “Go Rangers Go”. 

IMG_1538 IMG_1539 IMG_1553 IMG_1556

We left right after the 8th inning.  Meg was starting to get restless, so we decided to head out.  She loved every minute of the game and wants to go back again. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails