3.25.2009

As if last Friday wasn't bad enough...

If it wasn't one thing, it was another last Friday. After spending over 1.5 hours at Urgent Care for Meg's eye issue, we get home to this mess. As I was pulling into the driveway, I noticed something had spilled out on the breezeway. I had a feeling I knew what it was...but never expected this. Although, I'm not sure which would have been worse. I thought that the washer had flooded the laundry room (which would have meant water everywhere).

Instead, my Tide bottle had jumped off my washer and exploded on the floor. It was everywhere in my laundry room and even seeping out onto the breezeway. Seriously, I cried. I did. I also screamed at the top of my lungs.

I had so much to do Friday afternoon and cleaning up laundry detergent off the floor was not on the list. What was on the list though, was working a little, packing for the ranch, and getting Meg to lay down for a little while before we headed out.

Instead, I spent the afternoon crawling around the laundry room with towels, wiping up all the laundry detergent that was slimy and after a while started to smell.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ughhh...girl. that sucks! I bet your house smells nice and fresh, though. My washing machine does the same thing. The front loaders really move around and knock everything off. Hope this week is better for ya!

Related Posts with Thumbnails