2.14.2010

Still snowing!

It snowed all day on Thursday.  Thankfully there wasn’t any ice along with it.  My mom was driving in from San Antonio, so was on the road with all the snow.  My dad was supposed to go to St. Louis, but it was cancelled because of the snow.  Lucky for me, I’m an executive assistant so I knew exactly who to call to get him from Love Field to my house in Mansfield.  He arrived on Thursday night late, with out his bags (that’s a whole other story). 

On Friday morning when we woke up, it was still snowing.  Meg had been up most of the night feeling like poo, so I made the decision to try to get her into the doctor’s office.  That morning, I called her pediatrician's office to schedule an appointment, only to get a message that they were closed for the morning and would hopefully open up that afternoon. 

I had a feeling that Meg had strep.  She’s hadIMG_7169 copy it so many times in the past year that I figured my diagnosis was as good as any.  But I still decided to take her up to Urgent Care.  I was shocked that Meg didn’t have strep, just pharyngitis and an ear infection. 

  IMG_1186 copy

We filled her prescription, killed a little time by having a quick lunch, picked up her prescription, then headed home.  As soon as we got home, she asked me to start her a movie, make her a nest and get her some orange juice.  I started her movie and within 10 minutes, she was sleeping. 

Thankfully, after we got a few doses of antibiotics in her, she was back to her normal self. 

IMG_7180 copy

Poppy decided to measure the snow fall that we had in our backyard.  We got 8.5 inches.  It was so beautiful!  IMG_1181 copy IMG_1184 copy 

I love how quiet the snow made everything.  And the nights were so beautiful.  IMG_1185 copy      IMG_1196 copy IMG_1198 copy     

I was sad when it all started melting away, but am so glad that we had a few days with a record breaking snow :) 

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails