10.29.2010

Ponder Pumpkin Party

Tonight was Meg’s school’s annual Halloween party.  Last year, was our first experience and Meg loved it.  I knew then that we would definitely not miss it this year.  Meg loves the movie Avatar, so it came as no surprise to me when she asked if she could dress up like Neytiri for Halloween. 

She was pretty disappointed when we weren’t able to find an Avatar costume.  She settled for Spider Girl, but I could tell she wasn’t really happy about it.  After searching for an Avatar costume, I finally found one.  So, while Megan was at school, I picked up the Avatar costume.  When she got home from school, I couldn’t wait to show her the costume. 

Meg was so excited that I had found the costume.  Sheryl & Kyle were here, so we went on a mission to find Meg some Avatar accessories and were very successful.  We were able to find her a bow and arrow set.  The set was for an Indian costume, so we had make a few changes.  It wasn’t too hard, we just bought some paint, ribbon and feathers and we were good to go. 

Tonight, Meg and I sat down at the kitchen table to put her make up on for the Pumpkin Party.  I wasn’t exactly sure if I was going to be able to make Megan look like an Avatar.  

 IMG_5435

I mixed some white and blue face paint and got started on Meg’s avatar face. 

IMG_5436 IMG_5437

We all loved the finished product.  Meg was very happy about it and couldn’t wait to get to the school to show her friends and teachers. 

IMG_5439

We had Meg pose for a few pictures out front before we headed to the school for the fun. She grabbed her bow and struck a pose.  Thankfully I was able to capture it before she realized that she was wasting valuable time and that we should be heading to the school. 

 IMG_5449

***Meg and Daddy***
IMG_5455 

***Meg and Mommy***
IMG_5457


***Meg and Sophie***
IMG_5505

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails