12.10.2010

A beautiful day with Nawnaw

While the boys are away, the girls will play.  When Jarrad and Boompaw go to the canyon, Meg and I always plan something fun with Nawnaw.  Last year, we saw 101 Dalmatians at DSM,  we had brunch with Santa at the club, and we went to the Big 12 championship game between Texas & Nebraska. 

This year wasn’t any different.  Meg and I spent the entire weekend at Nawnaw’s this year.  Friday after I got off from work, I picked Megan up and we headed over to Nawnaw’s house.  Friday night, we went to dinner at Chic-Fil-A and then hung out at the house.  Meg was exhausted from our first week with a new schedule, so I wasn’t surprised when she fell asleep in Boompaw’s chair. 

Saturday morning, Nawnaw had something she had to do, so Meg and I rant a few errands, then met her in Irving at the car wash.  From the car wash, we headed out to the Dallas Arboretum. 

Of course, I was happy when Nawnaw asked us to go out there.  I needed to get my Christmas card picture taken.  Meg was a trooper and never complained once when I asked her to sit still for a picture.  Here are a few shots that I was able to capture – unedited. 

IMG_6592

IMG_6595

IMG_6604

IMG_6606

IMG_6620

IMG_6633

IMG_6648

IMG_6654

After we spent the afternoon at the Arboretum, we headed to dinner at On The Border to celebrate Nawnaw’s birthday (it was Saturday).   After dinner, we headed back to Nawnaw’s to hang out for the rest of the night.

Sunday morning, we got up and had breakfast.  After breakfast, we took Max and Maddie for a walk at the park.  Sunday afternoon, we had tickets to see Rudolph at Casa Manana. 

After a wonderful weekend with Nawnaw, it was time to say goodbye and get ready for the boys to return from the Canyon.   

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails