12.06.2010

Big changes

Monday after Thanksgiving, I started a new job.  After almost 3 months of job searching I found the perfect job.  The week before Thanksgiving, I was out shopping when I got a call from Scott – he asked me if I was still looking for a job.  And since I was, he put me in touch with a headhunter that had an EA for the CIO opportunity at an oil and gas company. 

My first interview was on Wednesday at 9:00.  I left the interview at 10:30 and heard from my headhunter at 10:50.  The CIO wanted to see me again the following morning to meet with two VPs.  I went in the next morning and was offered the position that afternoon.  I was thrilled when I received the offer and was very excited at how quickly they moved on a decision. 

Meg, Jarrad and I had to quickly make a few adjustments.  At my previous job, I worked from home, so I was able to take Meg to school and pick her up.  A new job in an office would require Megan to have before and after school care.  Thankfully, we have all adjusted well! 

***me after my third day of my new job***
IMG_6549

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails