10.09.2007

Poor Bullet

My parents dog had to have surgery yesterday for a severe hematoma of the ear. This is a collection of blood under the skin of the ear flap of a dog. Vigorous head shaking can be the cause. Bullet's ear because VERY puffy, so my parents took him to the vet.

Bullet is back home tonight, but will likely have to sleep outside because it's still "draining".

I told Megan that Bullet had his surgery and he was back home...she was happy to hear about it. When we first told her about his ear, she said "I don't want him to die". She even got teary eyed and a little choked up about it. I've come to the realization that Meg's first experience with death (one that she will be able to talk about and understand) will likely be when Bullet does pass away. I'm not looking forward to that conversation. Such is life though and I know that sooner or later, she'll be faced with situations that aren't always happy.

Bullet - we're glad you ear is better and that you're back home with mom and dad. Meg and I are looking forward to our visit in less than two week.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails