8.24.2009

First Day of Kindergarten

Today was Meg's first day of kindergarten. I can't believe how fast (almost) five years have gone by! (she actually won't turn five until next Monday) It seems like just yesterday I was bringing her home from the hospital. Meg has been so excited about starting kindergarten. I think it's the only thing we've talked about this summer.

After my alarm went off this morning, I laid in bed thinking about how Meg's life is going by so fast. I just wish that time would slow down.

I walked into her room and found her sleeping so peacefully. I woke her up early this morning because I thought it would take a while to wake her up. I was wrong. She was out of bed as quick as possible.

***Meg sleeping***

As soon as I told her it was time to wake up, she bounced out of bed and was ready to start getting changed. I love how she still looks so sleepy in these pictures, even though she's getting out of bed and starting to change out of her jammies.
***such a sleepy face***

***starting to get undressed***


After I told her that she needed to eat breakfast, brush her hair and teeth before she got dressed, she climbed back into her bed. She was still half way asleep, but was so excited about kindergarten that she didn't want to go back to sleep.


It didn't take long for her to "wake up". She was being a total ham for the camera (which I love). I only took 53 pictures this morning :)
***sweet baby girl***

Meg's backpack was loaded with all of her school supplies. I think it probably weighed more than her. I love how she's leaned forward so it won't pull her over. I'm glad that the only thing that has to stay in her backpack is a change of clothes and a purple folder. Otherwise, she'd develop back problems.
***Meg and her huge backpack***

Meg couldn't wait to get to school this morning. Every 2 minutes, she was asking Jarrad and me if it was time to go yet. Meg changed outfits 3 times by the time we got to school. She started off in a cute black dress with some little "heels". Then, she decided she wanted to wear a skirt and tank top. So, she changed into a blue tank top with a white tank top underneath. She wore her new tennis shoes with her outfit.
***getting ready to climb into the car***

Look at this face, she is so ready to get to school. I can't believe how big she looks! Such a big girl already. I know that time isn't going to slow down...and, from what I've heard, it only goes by faster now.

***my beautiful Kindergartener***

***Getting ready to get out of the car at school***

As we walked thru the hallways at Meg's school, I couldn't help but notice all the other parents. Some where happy, others looked a little sad, others seemed to be unphased by all of the emotions flying around. One man was crying and I overheard his wife tell him "She's going to be just fine. I promise." It was very touching to see a father upset about dropping off his little girl.
We got to Meg's room and her teacher, Miss McHugh, gave Meg a cut out shape of an owl and told Meg that there was another owl on a table inside and that was where she would be sitting today. After she found her chair, we dropped all of her school supplies in the plastic bins out side of the classroom.
Then, we went back into the classroom to put her backpack away in her locker. Jarrad was standing in the hallway and Meg said she needed to tell him goodbye. It was so cute to watch her walk across the hall, into his arms.
***Meg's new locker***

***Meg & Miss McHugh***

***Meg and mommy***
The morning went off without a tear (from me or Megan). I was shocked that I didn't cry, but she was so happy that I didn't see any reason to cry. I think it may hit me later in the week, or maybe tomorrow when I'm dropping her off and can't walk her in. She's growing up so fast and I know that she's going to be GREAT at everything she does.
Megan - I love you more than you will ever know!!!

3 comments:

Laura said...

You made me cry AGAIN! Awesome pics and comments. Can't believe we have Kindergarteners :o
If you find a way to stop the time, let me know too ;)
Have fun Meg!

Laura

Darla said...

You did much better than me on the pictures. I was such a mess myself I got only a few of the big day. I have not cried yet but from time to time I find myself want to. This will be a hard week for me.

Unknown said...

Okay, this post made me want to cry, ha! She looks so happy, so excited--and her teacher looks so nice, too!

I can't wait to hear how her first day went :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails