7.30.2009

All before ten o'clock in the morning!

Friday night, we had rehearsal dinner for Nick & Michelle (as I mentioned before). All night, Meg kept telling everyone that her ears hurt. Not inside her ears...her actual ears. It wasn't like she just complained once, it was numerous times. I didn't think much about it that night. We got home from rehearsal and Meg went to bed around 9:30.

I stayed up watching TV in the living room. Around 11:45, I heard her bedroom door open. Sure enough, she walks out and is crying. When I asked her what was wrong, she told me "I don't know". I told her that I couldn't help her if she didn't tell me what was wrong. She still didn't know. So, I told her that she could lay with me on the couch for a while. As soon as she was laying down, she was out.

I went to bed around 12:45. As soon as I was crawling in bed, I heard a few whimpers from the living room (I decided to leave her on the couch instead of moving her to her bed). By the time I got out to the living room, she was sleeping again.

Around 1:30, she woke up crying again. This time I decided to let her into our bed with us. It was so strange. She wasn't running a fever and didn't feel bad...but, looking back, she was super sensitive on Friday. Every little thing would send her into a whine fest. She slept from about 1:30 to 4:30 before she woke up again. She was up for about 5 minutes before she was asleep again.

When we woke up on Saturday morning, I knew I had to take her to the doctor. I didn't want to, but I had a feeling that she was developing an ear infection. Seeing as she was supposed to be a flower girl in N&M's wedding that evening, I wanted to make sure everything was OK.

Turns out, I wasn't completely wrong about the ear infection. She had a small ear infection developing in her right ear...the complete shocker was that Meg had Strep Throat. Yes, STREP THROAT - again. So, I immediately thought about how heart broken she was going to be if we weren't able to go to the wedding...luckily, the doctor said that it was OK if she went, but that she couldn't kiss anyone or let anyone drink after her.

***waiting for the Strep results***



After her appointment, we grabbed a quick bite to eat, then headed to Sweet & Sassy...more to come.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails