8.31.2010

Happy, Happy Birthday!!!

Last year, I complained about how time is going by too fast!  I still have the same complaint….it’s going by too fast! 

***Meg – last year on her birthday***
Happy 5th Bday_006

Five was AMAZING, but I’m very excited about six.  Meg is growing up into a little lady and I’m loving every minute of it. 

This morning, Megan turned SIX.  Six seems so grown up.  She doesn’t need my (or want) my help any more.  She doesn’t tell me she’s going to go watch TV or have a snack or go to the bathroom, she just does it.  It’s the little things that are changing that I will miss the most. 

P8210011I’m no longer Meg’s best friend…I have been replaced by her old friends and new friends.  I’m no longer asked to go outside with her in the driveway to color with chalk, hit golf balls, ride bikes, throw water balloons or listen to the radio.  Now, she tells me that she’s going to go play outside with her friends, she’s going to paint my driveway with her friends, listen to the radio with her friends. 

At six, Meg’s a total girlie girl, but doesn’t mind rough housing either.  She loves Six Flags (she even rode the Titan this weekend).  She is an amazing swimmer.  Her favorite movie is Avatar (we even were able to take her to see it in the theater on Friday – IMAX 3d).  She’s into fashion (although, sometimes I question her fashion statements).  She loves to read, color, tell stories, play outside, ride her bike, play with her friends, to blow bubbles with gum, and to apply lip gloss.  

This year was full of milestones…

***She chose her own Halloween costume***
Ponder Festival_008v2 

***She played soccer***
IMG_4822

***She went to her first college football game – the Big 12 Championship***
Big 12 Championship_019

***She had her first school Christmas party***
MJR School Party_026

***She made her first visit to the ER***
Hospital 2

***she built her first snowman***
IMG_7151

***she became a bus rider***IMG_7669

***She had her first spring break***
IMG_8439

***she tried lobster***
7th Anniversary_022

***she started gymnastics****
Gymnastics_066

***she learned to ride her bike***
Bike Riding_007

***she pulled her own first tooth***
First Tooth_04

***she “graduated” from Kindergarten***
IMG_1810

***she went to Port A***OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

***she let Boompaw pull her tooth with pliers***
IMG_3479

***she started 1st grade****
IMG_3653

I’m excited about six and can’t wait to see the adventures that she will have.  Happy Birthday sweet, sweet girl!  I see you! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Meg!! She is getting so big and WHAT a fun
5th year she had!! Fun post!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails